Occupational therapists focus on daily tasks, on helping you achieve goals in performing daily living skills such as bathing, grooming, dressing, and using the restroom on your own. Tasks that were once effortless can become challenging for older adult patients. Therapists critically assess their patient’s tasks, the occupations of their life, and create a customized treatment plan to achieve the patient-specific goals.
Our in-home service typically include:
- Customized treatment programs to increase your ability to perform daily activities
- Comprehensive home evaluations for adapting to your situation
- Assistive equipment recommendations and training on use
- Guidance for family members, caregivers, and home health aides
To keep you safe in the comfort of your home, we conduct a fall risk assessment of your environment to provide recommendations on how to improve safety.
Occupational Therapy addresses:
- Meal Preparation
- Medication Management
- Environmental Obstacles
- Dementia-Related Limitations
- Caregiver Stress